Creme Egg Brownies
You've likely seen these brownies pop up all over Instagram and Facebook in previous years. That's because not only are they delicious and simple to make, but they're adaptable, too. You can add nuts, white chocolate, or, if you're not a fan of creme eggs, swap them out for a luxurious Birds chocolate instead.
Ingredients - Serves 16
250g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate chips
275g caster sugar
4 large eggs
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
8 creme eggs, halved
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a 25cm square baking tray.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together - either in the microwave or over the stove. Cool for ten minutes.
- Whisk your eggs and caster sugar, until the mixture is thick and mousse-like.
- Pour your chocolate and egg mixture together, and fold until it's completely combined.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into your mixture, and stir.
- Pour your batter into the baking tray, and top with the chocolate chips. Spread each half of the creme egg halves over it, so each piece has one.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!