Easter Tray Bake
Easier than a cake, but just as delicious, an Easter tray bake is the ideal simple recipe to make with the kids. With a combination of easter eggs, mini eggs and creme eggs, it's probably the most moreish bake for fans of Easter chocolate. Just make sure you have extra mini eggs to snack on while it's in the oven.
Ingredients - Makes 12
For the cake:
125g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease the tin
165 caster sugar
175g self-raising flour
2 large eggs, beaten
50g cocoa powder
2tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
100g milk chocolate easter egg, chopped up
100g unsalted butter, softened
100g icing sugar
100g of your favourite easter treats (mini eggs, creme eggs, chocolate eggs or anything else)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and grease your 20x30cm tin.
- Place all of your cake ingredients into one large bowl, along with around 3 tablespoons of boiled water. Whisk until well-combined.
- Pour your cake mixture into your tin, and bake for around 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Combine the softened butter and icing sugar in one bowl, ideally using an electric whisk, until light and fluffy.
- Melt your easter egg in a microwave, and then pour into your icing sugar mixture.
- Spread out evenly over your tray bake, then scatter all of your easter chocolate treats over the top of it. Serve.