Maintenance Manager Apply now
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, people-focused Maintenance Manager to join our leadership team based in Derby. The position reports to the Operations Director and will be responsible for managing engineering requirements within both the bakery and 61 retail stores with respect to structure, plant, equipment, efficiency, reliability, and services.
Our ideal candidate will have a management qualification to degree level or equivalent and be a time-served electrical / mechanical multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day bakery maintenance and retail maintenance teams, and will support the Operations Director with strategic planning and investment plans. Helping to identify, validate and recommend new machinery and equipment.
Key Job Responsibilities
It is key that this candidate looks to proactively develop all team members to maximise their potential, focussing not only on engineering standards but also personal improvement, communication and team working.
- Provide technical engineering support to the bakery, retail stores and other properties to ensure the business remains fully compliant with legislative standards. Continually ensuring that engineering schedules are to cost and fit for purpose.
- Ensure retail stores are kept in good operational order to provide a safe, high-quality facility for our customers and retail staff.
- Manage the engineering team focusing on a proactive structured approach towards manufacturing and retail maintenance treating the retail and production staff as valued customers.
- Coordinate resources to ensure compliance with insurance general policy warranties and action plans are completed on time.
- Review departmental expenditure to ensure that the company is getting best value.
- Manage critical spares inventory and maintenance procurement costs.
- Develop & manage planned preventative maintenance schedules for all key equipment & machinery.
- Champion Health & Safety / Food Safety practices to maintain a safe working environment whilst embedding a safety-first culture within the team.
- Continually review and evolve Engineering Standard Operating Procedures.
Hours: Full time
Rate: Exact salary will vary based on skills and experience - between £45,000 p/a and £50,000 p/a