Please note these terms of service are governed by English law.
If you have any questions about our terms of service please contact our customer service team using the below details.
Birds (Derby) LTD
Birds, Ascot Drive, Derby, DE24 8GN
Use of material on site:
We (Birds) are the owner of all intellectual property rights in and on our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copywrite laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials printed off or downloaded from our site in any way. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio files or any graphics separately from any accompanying text content.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our status and status of any identified contributors as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged, except where the content is user-generated.
We make reasonable efforts to update all information, content and graphics on our site, however, make no claims, representations, warranties or guarantees, expressed or implies, that the content and information on our site is accurate, up to date and complete.
If you wish to make use of any content or information on our site including creating links to birdsbakery.com please contact our customer service team.
Birds reserves the right to:
- Apply any limitations or specific conditions on our products and orders.
- Introduce new products or remove existing products from our website at any time.
- Change the prices of our products without prior notice.
- Offer discounts and special offers on our products at any time and change or remove them at any time without prior notice.
- Change the packaging of our orders without notice.
- We reserve the right to decide which products we offer for sale.
- Some items on our online shop can sometimes be available in limited quantities. It is at our discretion to upload further quantities once an item appears to be sold our or out of stock.
- All orders are subject to availability. Our products are freshly made every day and therefore if a product is out of stock, it may not always be indicated on the website. If for some reason a product is unavailable the team will contact the purchaser to agree an alternative/substitute product. If we are unable to provide a substitute, a refund for those out-of-stock items will be provided.
- Payment will be required at the time of ordering.
- As the customer, it is your responsibility to provide us with the correct contact information. We will also require a valid email address to send you your order confirmation.
- We aim to sell many of our products through our online shop, but product menus will vary between stores and our online shop.
- We do not accept online orders through email or the post.
- Orders can be made on the website at any time.
- Processing of orders will be undertaken on ‘working days’ which are defined as Monday – Friday 8am – 3pm, excluding public holidays.
- Your legal right to cancel without reason. Once an order is placed, depending on the stage at which the order is, it may not be possible to prevent or delay dispatch of that order. If you wish to cancel please follow the steps below:
- The cancellation period expires after 14 days from the date of delivery of the order, this does not apply to perishable food items with a shelf life of under 3 months. To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform Us (Birds) of your decision to cancel your contract by making a clear statement by letter, email, telephone or using our contact us cancellation form.
- For postal orders, it is your responsibility to provide us with the correct delivery information for your order, otherwise it may delay the processing of your order. We cannot take responsibility for orders that have incorrect delivery information.
- We aim for postal items to reach you in the best possible condition, and we will take good care to package and protect them in transit, however, we cannot be held responsible for the handling of packages through Royal Mail and APC and therefore there is a possibility that there may be some breakages/crumbling or detachment of toppings.
- All Postal orders are aimed to be processed and dispatched within 2-4 working days. We are not liable for delivery delays once an order has been dispatched.
- Postal orders that require temperature-control or safer handling will be sent via APC for overnight next day delivery. We will not be held responsible for any delays with the process. If your parcel has not arrived within a day of dispatch, please get in touch.
- Postal orders that do not require temperature-control or safer handling will be sent through Royal Mail and APC with a delivery aim of 1-4 working days. Occasionally, and during busy periods, it may take longer. We will not be held responsible for any delays in the post. If your item has not arrived by the end of the 4th working day after it has been dispatched, please get in touch.
- For items that do not fit through the letter box the postal company will usually post a card advising next steps if you missed the delivery. It will be your responsibility to retrieve your parcel if it has been missed.
- We regret that we can only deliver to mainland UK. We cannot post to the Scottish Highlands or Islands, Northern Island, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, or the Scilly Isles.
Made to order/customer orders
- For larger orders, and custom orders, we request that you message us directly to discuss your requirements.
- All custom orders are subject to capacity and availability, we reserve the right to accept or refuse custom orders.
- Prices will vary for custom orders dependent on the requirements by you.
- All prices and fees will be presented to you prior to placing custom orders.
- Orders for collection must be made through individual stores for collection from that store using our Ring & Reserve service. This must be done via telephone.
- All products ordered are subject to availability.
- Collection orders must be ordered with 2 days’ notice with all our stores. If orders are placed with less than 2 days’ notice orders may not be accepted, and the decision is up to the discretion of the store employees depending on stock levels and capacity.
Product-related terms and conditions
- All orders are subject to availability. Our products are freshly made every day and therefore if a product is out of stock, it may not always be indicated on the website.
- All orders made through our online store are made to order. We aim to keep our products as fresh as possible, and we will usually make them 1-2 days before delivery and posting.
- Due to our storage and baking/making conditions and processes, even though some products may not contain certain allergens as per ingredients within the product, there may be a risk or possibility of cross contamination.
- For anyone suffering from any allergies, it is your responsibility to check the ingredients/allergens prior to ordering and/or consuming. If you have any questions, with regards to this please ask.
- All images are for illustration purposes only. As we hand make all our products some variation to the images shown is possible.
Allergens, nutritional and ingredients
All information regarding the allergens, nutritional and ingredients of our products that we are bound legally to display can be found on our website, individual product labels of those that are packaged and via our customer service team using the contact details provided below.
Birds (Derby) LTD
Birds, Ascot Drive, Derby, DE24 8GN
Birds weddings, events, corporate and occasions terms of service
These Terms of service apply to the sale of goods from Birds through our weddings, event, corporate and occasions service. By making purchases from Birds, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in their entirety. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Delivery and collection
All orders may be collected free of charge from Birds Bakery, Ascot Drive, or your preferred local Birds shop, by prior arrangement. We accept no responsibility for any damage sustained to your order once it has left any Birds Bakery property.
If delivery has been requested, we will deliver the order on the date set out in the order confirmation and to the address provided. It is the customers responsibility to ensure the details supplied are correct. Although we do not offer specific delivery times, Birds will try to be flexible and work with you to ensure the order arrives at a convenient time for all parties.
Delivery address is required to be clarified in the order process to ensure the correct delivery charges are incurred.
When delivering to a venue, Birds will liaise with the customer in advance to arrange a convenient time to deliver for all parties. All parties are required to sign off on this delivery to ensure confirmation of delivery. Birds are not responsible or liable for any damages sustained after either the customer and/or venue has accepted the delivery.
Some products may be able to be delivered in the post via a courier of our choice. It is your responsibility to provide the correct delivery address and contact information. We will take good care to package and protect the items during transit, however we cannot be held liable for the handling of packages through Royal Mail, DPD or APC, and any damages that may occur. Due to using a courier we cannot be held liable for any delivery delays. However, Birds will personally contact the courier to help you locate the parcels if delayed. If you have missed the delivery, the courier companies will leave a slip with information on how to book a redelivery or you may be able to collect from your local depot. It is the customers’ responsibility to retrieve your parcel if it has been missed. Our next day postal services are only available for UK mainland addresses excluding the Scottish Highlands or Islands, Northern Island, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man, or the Scilly Isles.
Price and payment
All prices will be set out in your order confirmation. You will be provided with a full order confirmation that details the final balance and payment details. The balance must be paid in full no later than the date set out in the order confirmation by the link emailed to the purchaser.
Quotes provided will be in Great British Sterling for order enquiries are valid for 6 months. After 6 months Birds reserve the right to change prices and provide a new quote.
We reserve the right to change our pricing and withdraw any discounts without notice.
Refunds and cancellations (weddings and events)
Your legal right to cancel without reason.
Once an order is placed, depending on the stage at which the order is, it may not be possible to prevent or delay dispatch of that order. If you wish to cancel, please follow the steps below:
The cancellation period expires after 14 days from the date of delivery of the order. to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform Us (Birds) of your decision to cancel your contract by making a clear statement by letter, email, telephone or using our contact us model cancellation form.
Orders can be cancelled with a full refund 2 months before delivery/collection date.
Orders cancelled a month prior will be given 50% refund.
Orders cancelled less than one month prior to the delivery date are non-refundable.
We please ask that you provide us with as much notice as possible. In the event of a postponement, the payment due remains the same as a cancellation.
You may, prior to 4 weeks before the delivery date, amend your order. Contact the Birds Events Team and we will be happy to work with you.
Damaged goods: in the event that any part of your order is damaged or missing please notify us within 14 days either by email or telephone. We may ask for photos. We do not accept liability for additional losses as a result of a fault once the order has left Birds Bakery premises.
Items purchased that are of bespoke or perishable nature are not applicable to the right to cancel legislation.
Product related conditions
Due to our storage and baking/making conditions and processes, some products may contain additional allergens aside ingredients within the product, there may be a risk or possibility of cross contamination. Our technical team are happy to answer any questions or queries you might have.
For anyone suffering from any allergies, it is your responsibility to check the ingredients/allergens prior to ordering and/or consuming. The ingredients, allergens and use by date will be provided to the customer purchasing. If you have any questions, with regards to this, please ask.
All images are for illustration purposes only. As we hand make all our products some variation to the images shown is possible.
Coffee loyalty stamp card terms and conditions
- This offer is available in participating stores.
- A single stamp will be issued by the promoter on purchase in a single transaction.
- This card must be fully completed and redeemed in exchange for the reward described at participating stores only.
- Only one complete collector card may be redeemed per transaction.
- This offer is subject to availability and is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The promoter reserves the right to alter or withdraw the offer at any time without prior notice.
For more information about our terms of service, queries, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email a email@example.com..uk or by mail using the details provided below:
Birds (Derby) LTD, Ascot Drive, Allenton, Derby, DE24 8GN, United Kingdom.
Last updated 12.01.24
Birds (Derby) LTD, Ascot Drive, Derby, DE24 8GN
Company Registered Number 252672